Standard Plus Kit | Holden VT - VZ
The "Standard Plus" Kit has been specifically developed to introduce VT-VZ Holden owners to the most affordable Harrop Performance disc rotor upgrade. The significantly larger rotors offer improvements in overall brake function under normal driving conditions. It combines key strengths and characteristics of higher performance brake rotors whilst utilising the standard OE calipers already on the vehicle to deliver a very economical solution.
Tradesman utilities and towing vehicles benefit from the increased front and rear rotor diameter and surface areas. The front & rear brake load ratio has been engineered into the production of these rotors to maintain the standard brake balance of the vehicle, offering improved brake feel and driving confidence. Front rotor design offers significant improvements in cooling efficiency, stability and durability.
2 x 343x32mm 12-slot Front disc rotors2 x 332x28mm 12-slot Rear disc rotors
2 x Front Caliper mounts
2 x Rear Caliper mounts
Why do I need a brake upgrade?
- If you have fitted a wheel/tyre package that has an effective diameter greater than standard, the brake effectiveness is reduced, the force required on the rotor to slow the car increases by approximately 8% per 50 mm increase in effective tyre diameter. This means the driver needs to push harder on the pedal to stop, and results in increased rotor and pad wear.
- ABS, ESC/DSC or EBD can't help you under brake fade conditions, the OEM brake systems are designed exclusively for road use and tested to comply with ADR 31/01*
- If you use your car for any track work, you'll be driving at much higher speeds with much less recovery time and braking many more times than the ADR test. The OEM brake system just isn't required or designed to cope with this.
- If your vehicle has increased power and torque due to other modifications such as a Harrop supercharger, camshaft, intake and or exhaust upgrades; The faster you can accelerate, the less time you will have to decelerate.
- A minimum of an 17” wheel diameter is required - Caliper sweep template is available above in the download tab to check specific fitments.
- Optional stainless steel braided brake line available at extra cost.
- Calipers available in RED only
- Images are for illustration purposes only