HILUX 2006-2015 D-4D 3.0L | HPF STAGE 2 TOW | 200KW
The Hilux D-4D 3.0L Stage 2 Tow pack upgrade is ideal for vehicles towing heavy loads and Includes the fitment of a larger front mount intercooler.
The upgrade package starts with our trained technician fitting a new TorqMax Turbocharger to the engine as one of the limiting factors when upgrading the 3.0L engine is the size of the standard turbocharger which dictates the peak power and torque the engine is capable of.
The TorqMax turbocharger has addressed this by upgrading the compressor inducer wheel with a 22% larger wheel machined from a solid billet. The new wheel features extended tip technology and a 13% smaller hub diameter which makes the blade surface larger giving the blades even more area to draw air in. We also upgrade the turbo's thrust bearing to improve it's durability.
This all adds up to a super efficient, more responsive and ultimately more reliable turbo capable of flowing well over 20% more air with zero downsides. The TorqMax turbocharger is also based of the factory turbo so it’s a direct fit and requires no other modifications to install.
We then fit a Process West Front mount intercooler as the standard Intercooler is logically positioned at the front of the vehicle but the sizing of the intercooler and the unreliability of the intercooler hoses are not ideally suited for sustained hard driving or towing, as such we recommend a new heavy duty, larger capacity intercooler and piping kit. The much larger intercooler is more able to control the heat generated when towing or off-roading and the silicone intercooler hoses are significantly stronger than the factory rubber hoses thus maintaining the engines power and reliability in all situations. The intercooler is a worthy consideration with the turbocharger upgrade as we have seen a 40 degree drop in intake temperatures after installation.
We also fit a Process West SEPR8R Air Oil Seperator to capture oil mist entering your engines inlet manifold which can build up in your engines intake and cause a carbon build which can reduce reliability and performance over time.
We complete the package by custom tuning your vehicles ECU on the dyno in real time utilizing the latest ECU tuning software to maximize power, torque and fuel efficiency and testing your vehicle on the road to make final adjustments, optimizing your vehicles performance and driveability. At the end of this upgrade we will provide you with a dyno graph comparing the before and after power & torque increase the HPF upgrade has made to your vehicle.
1 x HPF TorqMax Turbocharger
1 x Process West Front Mount Intercoooler and piping.
1 x SEPR8R Air Oil Separator
1 x Custom ECU - reprogram
1 x Before and after dyno graph
1 x Labour to fit, tune and test
The Stage 2 package addresses the next level of components that limit power; generally this will be a turbocharger and associated hardware upgrade. The turbocharger upgrade is aimed at increasing air flow into the engine; this allows extra fuel to be added for more power and torque throughout the rev range. We still maintain our ‘reliability first protocol’ which maintains safe air fuel ratios and low EGT’s. You will note that the Stage 2 package may not include what is traditionally thought to be ‘essential diesel upgrades’ but rest assured, if it’s needed, it will be in the Stage 2 package.
- Important - Manual transmission vehicles will require a clutch upgrade to handle the additional torque.
- Power figures listed are estimated kilowatts at the flywheel based on results typically obtained by HPF on HPF’s dynos and are based on a automatic vehicle with standard driveline and standard wheels and tyres. Actual power can vary based on each specific vehicle.
- We advise against increasing the power output substantially on high kilometer engines, if your engine has in excessive of 150,000kms please contact us to discuss options.
- Whilst every attempt is made to ensure prices listed online are correct, they are subject to change at any time.
- Additional parts may be required in some cases depending on the condition of the vehicle. Cost of these parts and additional labor required may incur additional cost.
- Images are for illustration purposes only.