PX 3.2L | STAGE 2 TOW | 215KW
The Ranger PX1-PX3 3.2L Stage 2 Tow pack upgrade is ideal for vehicles towing heavy loads and Includes the fitment of a larger front mount intercooler.
The package starts with our trained technician fitting a TorqMax Turbocharger as the power and torque of the 3.2L engine really starts to fall over after 2900rpm, this is due to the odd sizing of the standard turbocharger. We have addressed this with an upgraded factory turbocharger modified for increased air flow and additional reliability over the standard turbocharger. As it’s an upgraded factory turbo (GT22), it’s a direct fit and requires no other modifications to install. The fitment and tune of the Stage-2 turbocharger vastly broadens the power and torque of the 3.2L engine aligning it with most modern 3L V6 turbo diesels, taking the power to around 215kw / 650nm - around 45% more power & torque at 3500rpm!
We then fit a a Process west Front mount intercooler as the standard Intercooler is logically positioned at the front of the vehicle but the sizing of the intercooler and the unreliability of the intercooler hoses are not ideally suited for sustained hard driving or towing, as such we recommend a new heavy duty, larger capacity intercooler and piping kit. The much larger intercooler is more able to control the heat generated when towing or off-roading and the silicone intercooler hoses are significantly stronger than the factory rubber hoses thus maintaining the engines power and reliability in all situations. The intercooler is a worthy consideration with the turbocharger upgrade as we have seen a 40 degree drop in intake temperatures after installation.
We then fit new +30% fuel injector caps to increase fuel injector capacity along with a high flow intake and 3" Turbo back exhaust system to improve the engines breathing and complete the mechanical upgrades by fitting a Process West SEPR8R Air Oil Seperator to capture oil mist entering your engines inlet manifold which can build up in your engines intake and cause a carbon build.
We complete the package by custom tuning your vehicles ECU on the dyno in real time utilizing the latest ECU tuning software to maximize power, torque and fuel efficiency and testing your vehicle on the road to make final adjustments, optimizing your vehicles performance and driveability. At the end of this upgrade we will provide you with a dyno graph comparing the before and after power & torque increase the upgrade has made to your vehicle.
1 x TorqMax Turbocharger upgrade
1 x Process West Intercooler 700 x 247 x 75mm Upgrade*
1 x Process West CNC mandrel bent intercooler piping
1 x SEPR8R Air oil separator catch can
1 x Custom ECU - reprogram
1 x Before and after dyno graph
1 x Labour to fit, tune and test
The Stage 2 Tow package addresses the next level of components that limit power; generally this will be a turbocharger and associated hardware upgrade. The turbocharger upgrade is aimed at increasing air flow into the engine; this allows extra fuel to be added for more power and torque throughout the rev range. We still maintain our ‘reliability first protocol’ which maintains safe air fuel ratios and low EGT’s. You will note that the Stage 2 Tow package may not include what is traditionally thought to be ‘essential diesel upgrades’ but rest assured, if it’s needed, it will be in the Stage 2 Tow package.
- Power figures listed are estimated kilowatts at the flywheel based on results typically obtained by HPF on HPF’s dynos. Typically these are based of a manual vehicle with standard driveline and standard wheels and tyres. Actual power can vary based on each specific vehicle.
- We advise against increasing the power output substantially on high kilometer engines, if your engine has in excessive of 150,000kms please contact us to discuss options.
- Whilst every attempt is made to ensure prices listed online are correct, they are subject to change at any time.
- Additional parts may be required in some cases depending on the condition of the vehicle. Cost of these parts and additional labor required may incur additional cost.
- Images are for illustration purposes only.
- *Intercooler fitment charge may vary depending on vehicle configuration i.e if it has a bull bar and winch,driving lights etc.
- Manual vehicles will require a HD clutch upgrade.